Middle School and High School Students
Woodlawn's Middle school and High school students gather throughout the week in one of two youth houses or in the church's main Fellowship Hall:
- Wednesday Nights: Our Wednesday night youth group gatherings happen from 6-8 pm. This year 's theme, The Journey of Living Now, is based on Matthew 28:18-20, which says:
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
We want every teenager to understand that God desires that their whole life be directed by him. On Wednesday night our setup consists of large groups, small groups, teaching, worship, and fellowship. We hope you will come and be a part of this main youth group night.
- Sunday Nights: Our Sunday night gatherings happen from 5-6 pm. On this night we seek to create an atmosphere of relational discipleship. High school and middle school teens meet together in the middle school youth house. The evening is geared to teens who want to go deeper with their faith in Jesus Christ. There are times of fellowship, service, devotional studies, prayer and worship.
- Sunday Mornings: We have two Sunday school classes, a high school and middle school, that meet from 9:30-10:30 am in separate youth houses. After Sunday school, teenagers take part in the 10:45 am worship service.
- Outings: Throughout the school year we offer different outings for both middle and high school age groups. Our outings consist of both fun and serious moments. Here are some outings we have done within a school year:
- High school: Tennessee Christian Teen Convention, Lock-in, Jump Jam, guys camp out, and girls retreat.
- Middle school: CIY Believe, game night, and lazer tag.
- Summer: During the summer we meet on Wednesday nights from 6-8 pm, but we do not meet on Sunday nights. Our summers offer major spiritual opportunities from Mission Cincy, CIY MOVE, Middle school serve week, and church camp at Appalachian Christian Camp.